Careers At Gorman Landscape Contractors
We have been helping residents and businesses throughout Dayton and the Miami Valley with their landscaping projects and maintenance for over 12 years. Every season, we are in need of dedicated crew members who will help us exceed expectations in every project. Do you have what it takes to be a Gorman Landscape crew member?
Join Our Team
We are looking for an experienced and diligent Landscaper to join our landscaping team. You must be comfortable operating lawn maintenance equipment, such as lawnmowers, trimmers, and blowers, and understand how to water, fertilize, and prune decorative shrubs and plants. We pride ourselves in keeping our clients’ exterior safe and looking beautiful, so our team works in various types of weather conditions and performs maintenance duties to ensure employee safety during inclement weather by removing debris, snow, and ice from communal walkways and spaces.
Landscaper Duties and Responsibilities
- Mow grass and prune trees and shrubs
- Treat lawn and landscaping with pesticides to remove harmful insects
- Maintain the existing landscaping design and ensure plant survival
- Plant new flowers, bushes, plants, and decorative shrubs
- Rake fallen leaves and remove debris
- Keep pedestrian areas removed of snow and ice
- Properly store and handle all equipment, tools, sprinklers, etc.
- Oversee maintenance repairs to equipment, landscape structures, and hardscape walkways
- Assist with various landscaping construction projects
Landscaper Requirements and Qualifications
- High school degree or equivalent
- At least 18 years old
- Previous experience in landscaping or groundskeeping a plus
- Must know how to operate lawn maintenance equipment, such as lawnmowers, string trimmers, leaf blowers, and hedge trimmers
- Must pass background check and drug test
- Able to stand, bend, and squat for extended periods and lift up to 40 pounds